Oh Ocean, Why Are you boiling thus?


One Sage went down to the Ocean and said to it: "O thou Ocean, wherefore dost wear this robe of blue? 

Why art thou clothed thus with a mourning garment? There is no fire to be seen, why art thou boiling thus?"

Then the Ocean made reply to that man of spiritual insight: "I am in anguish because of sepration from my Beloved. Since, by reason of my shortcomings, I am not worth of him, I have clad myself in a vesture of blue [Blue represents the colour of mourning in the East in Past] as a sign of my grief for Him. Grief stricken I remain, with lips for ever parched with thirst, and the turbulence of my waves is due to the burning flame of my love. Could I attain to but one drop of water from the river which flows through His Paradise, then should I dwell for ever, immortal within His courts. Without that water of life for which I crave, I shall perish of my longing for Him, like the thousands who die in anguish, day and night, in their search for Him."

Comments

Popular Post

This is not my task