Four Sayings Of Four Kings

 


There are four sayings, uttered by four kings, four arrows as it were, shot from one bow:-

The first is by 'Kesra' who said:-"I have never repented of what I have not said, but said much the repentance for which humbled me into dust and ashes."

The second is by the 'Qaisar' of Rum who said: - "I have more power over what is unsaid than what is said; meaning that I am able to say what I have not said, but unable to cancel what I have said."

On the same subject 'Khuqan' Of China has said: - "It often happens that heedless talk is worse [in its consequences] than sorrow for restraining it."

The king of India has announced this maxim: - "The words which have escaped from my mouth are beyond my control; but what I have not spoken is in my possession, and I may utter it or not, as I like. 


Comments

Popular Post

This is not my task