Pleasure of Fishes


 'Chuangtze' and 'Huitze' had strolled onto the bridge over the 'Hao', when the former observed, "See how the minnows are darting about!". That is the pleasure of fishes."

"You not being yourself a fish," said Huitze, "how can you possible know in what the pleasure of fishes consists?"
"And you not being I," retorted 'Chuangtze', "how can you know that I do not know?"

"That I, not being you, do not know what you know," replied 'Huitze', 'is identical with my argument that you, not being a fish, cannot know in what the pleasure of fishes consists."

"Let us go back to your original question," said Chuangtze. "You ask me how I know in what consists the pleasure o fishes. Your very question shows that you knew I knew. I knew it from my own feelings on this bridge."

Comments

Popular Post

This is not my task