How Law Works?


Somewhere near 'Rai' there was a Musalman, who was caught drinking wine with a magian in the month of Ramazan. The magistrate came up in high dudgeon, and ordered that both should be slain. The Magian spoke out: "This is not according to the Law. To me fasting and feasting are alike. I pay the poll-tax (for being allowed to follow my own faith), and why should you use harsh words against me? Your jurisdiction in such matters extends over only those who are of your own religion."

It was, therefore, decided that the Magian should be let off. The Musalman saw that they were a set of egregious fools, since they let off a Magian and were ready to kill a Musalman. He therefore said facetiously: "O ye people! Is it a crime that I am a follower of Islam? If this be your plea for killing me, I declare myself to be a Magaian, nay, a Magian of the seventieth generation!"

Comments

Popular Post

This is not my task